The past year was filled to the brim with exciting happenings and wonderful news for us. Cirque Week is just around the corner and June 16th, our birthday, marks the start of the celebrations. There are many ways to celebrate alongside us and commemorate all we’ve accomplished in our 39th year as creators, innovators, and entertainers.
“Celebrate What Exactly?”, You Might Ask.
Our artists’, cast’s, crew’s and employee’s multiple accomplishments over the year. So many things happened that we can be proud of! It’s been quite the year at Cirque, in Montreal, in Las Vegas and all over the world! The list of reasons to raise our glass keeps getting longer and longer every day, so much so we couldn’t possibly list them all… But here’s to trying anyways!
Across the Globe
Cirque has been a household name internationally for decades, but we’re still making waves everywhere we set foot. In the past year, our touring shows shined bright and dazzled audiences of every horizon.
- ECHO premiered in Montreal, making it our first original creation to do so since the pandemic shut down the entertainment industry. Learn more about this brand-new show with the Making of Web Series here and find tickets here.
- We’ve hosted a record number of spectators in Big Tops, theaters, and arenas all over the world with LUZIA, KURIOS – Cabinet of Curiosities, and KOOZA.
- KURIOS made its way to Europe and took the Royal Albert Hall by storm, bringing the total number of Cirque performances at the Hall over 1,300.
- New shows were announced and debuted in every corner of the world like AMORA, FESTA, GUY! GUY! GUY!, and more! Let’s not forget our upcoming residency in idyllic Hawaii – more on this big announcement soon.
- Alegría set up shop in Tokyo and held a very special event to honor their 300,000th guest and their family.
A Bit Closer to Home
Home is wherever our epic artists, talented crew and devoted employees are.
- All year long, the 30th anniversary celebrations are being held in Vegas. This is no small feat, as iconic shows like Mystère and “O” turn 30 and 25 years old respectively. But that’s not all, 10 years ago, Michael Jackson ONE opened the doors of its theater to the public. 30 very busy years on the Strip that went by at lightning-speed.
- Internally, we recruited a team of sensitive and knowledgeable personnel who came together to form a DEI committee set towards new diversity, equality, and inclusivity goals and they were given tools and resources to educate the Cirque du Soleil family.
- Discover the Extraordinary, an artsy and impactful look into what makes Cirque du Soleil so unique saw the light of day. This campaign is the successor of The Sun Rises and The Intermission is Over campaigns. A fitting follow-up after the post-pandemic relaunch.
- Our online community kept growing and growing up until we reached a colossal milestone: we passed 1.7M followers on Instagram! Join our community and follow us there.
- We partnered up with world-renowned brands like NYX, Air Canada, and Mastercard, amongst other, so we could bring to life anything our crazy imagination could make up. We're even holding a giveaway with our partners at Sun Life, check it out!
- And, finally, we launched a blog so we can keep our dear Cirque fans updated on all things CDS (and we’re very happy about that!)
High Honors for the Teams
All this hard off has paid off in the most flattering way possible. We do what we do out of passion for the arts, but I think we can all agree that getting recognition from our industry peers brings validation that we’re doing it right!
- Cirque went all in on TikTok and reached a whooping 1.6M followers very quickly, making it a prime candidate to be nominated for two Webby Awards – and we won one!!
- The Artist-Generated Content team also brought home Shorty Awards in two categories: Cirque du Soleil TikTok Account & Livestreams (Category – TikTok Presence) and for Blue Man Group & The TikTok Community (Category – Community Management).
- Mystère has been inducted into the Las Vegas Magazine Hall of Fame for its record-breaking run at Treasure Island Hotel.
- Back in June of 2022, Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group won “Marketing & Publicity Campaign of the Year (More than $10,000 campaign)” at the EAMC Awards for the relaunch campaign Intermission is Over!
- Four of our resident shows, KÀ, “O”, The Beatles LOVE, and Michael Jackson ONE, made it onto USA Today’s Top 10 Best Casino Shows list! More reasons to hop on a flight to Las Vegas and see for yourself!